Sustainable Exhibitor Tips
When deciding the exhibit booth materials for your show, there are key components to consider:
- Contact a Pittsburgh printer to print environmentally-friendly pamphlets, handouts, and banners, thus reducing transportation emissions.
- Compare recycled contents of promotional items and booth materials before purchasing.
- Look at your cleaning products label — is it green certified?
During Move-in, Use:
- Large blue recycle dumpsters on the exhibit floor for trash.
- Cloth table throws to protect your display tables and carpeting. Avoid visqueen.
- Layered clothing for comfort. Since the large movable doors are open, we are unable to regulate the temperatures of the Halls.
During the Show, Use:
- Large trash receptacles (trash, paper, cans/bottles) in g1 areas located on the show floor for large volumes of trash.
- Levy Convention Centers' locally-grown food options for your booth catering.
- Virtual company information for potential clients, thus reducing the number of printed materials.
During Move-out, Use:
- Large blue recycle dumpsters located in the exhibit hall for all trash including wood pallets.
- Donate extra product to local charities or schools instead of shipping back materials. Contact the Show Event Manager for more details.
- Starch-based, biodegradable packing peanuts for shipping. These peanuts dissolve in water, are non-toxic and can be composted.
- Biodegradable cellulose available for shrink-wrapping. Polystyrene, plastic wrapping and bubble wrap should be avoided.
- Biodegradable string (ie: cotton, sisal, jute), avoiding plastic.
If extra booth giveaway items are not being shipped back to your office, contact DLCC event manager for the items to be donated to a Pittsburgh charity.